Areas of Specialty:
Boston University School of Law,
Tax Program, Boston, MA
LL.M. in Taxation, 2013-2014
Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE
Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ
B.S., Accounting, with Honors,
Admitted to Practice:
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern
District of Pennsylvania
Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Christopher M. Leddy
Christopher Leddy focuses his practice on three main areas of law: employment law, corporate/tax, and healthcare. Mr. Leddy’s experience in handling and litigating complex employment law issues, as well as negotiation of employment related contracts, spans the vast landscapes of the employer/employee relationship, including: state and federal discrimination laws (discrimination/harassment/hostile work environments/ retaliation/ accommodations), whistleblower laws, family and medical leave laws, state and federal wage/hour laws, paid family leave insurance laws, paid time off laws, unemployment, and Department of Labor audits.
What Mr. Leddy understands is that – unlike legal issues involving a piece property or a contract – what makes employment law more complex and inherently more challenging is that at its core it involves the often delicate balance that underlies the employer/employee relationship – relationships that are first and foremost human. And perhaps unlike any other area of law, it is the clients who are on the front lines grappling with legal issues on a daily basis and need fast, sound, reliable advice in conducting their day to day operations. To this end, Mr. Leddy has helped assist and counsel countless employers, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Leddy proactively applies his depth of knowledge learned from his litigation experience to counseling employers and training supervisors in HR best practices. Mr. Leddy unremittingly seeks to provide preventative advice on employment laws, regulations, compliance, policies and procedures, employee and manager training, employment contracts, employee handbooks, restrictive covenants (non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, and non-solicitation agreements), severance/separation agreements, social media use, and job preservation and exit strategies, all in an effort to maintain the essential trust relationships and to help clients avoid often protracted and costly legal disputes.
Immediately prior to joining Becker, Mr. Leddy served as Vice President/General Counsel to an IT consulting/staffing firm that placed consultants on projects throughout the globe, where he: drafted, maintained, and negotiated employee and contractor agreements; created and implemented employee commission plans; ensured compliance with federal and state labor laws and regulations as it pertains to professional services delivered in all applicable states; and drafted, maintained, and negotiated legal content in all private and public contracts in the U.S., Canada, and E.U., including, but not limited to, vendor management agreements, SaaS agreements, software and technology agreements, and financial related agreements.
Further, Mr. Leddy has significant experience in the formation and structure of joint ventures with healthcare professionals and practices, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, healthcare facilities, clinically integrated networks, physician practice management companies, management service organizations, physician sponsored organization, independent physician associations, and physician-hospital organizations. Mr. Leddy provides general counsel services to these entities, including, not limited to, consulting agreements, personnel services agreements (professional and non-professional), employment agreements, and restrictive covenants.
Panels and Webinars:
- Multistate Employer Considerations - Massachusetts Staffing Association - July 2019
- Massachusetts Staffing Association Webinar Presented by Becker Staffing Group - Employee Handbooks & Poster Requirements - March 2019
- "Predictive Scheduling Laws and Ordinances Gaining Momentum" - January 2019
- "Eastern District of PA Federal Judge Rules Transportation Company May Be Sued Over Harassment by Non- Employee" - January 2019
- "Is Your Company Ready To Disclose its Employer-Sponsored Health Offerings?" - Becker Newsletter - December 2018
- “The Hazy Landscape of Marijuana Laws" - TempNet October 2018 Newsletter.
- “Marijuana and Its Effects On The Staffing Industry” - TempNet Webinar - August 2018.
- "Professionalism and Ethics Issues Relation to Employment Law" - Monmouth County Bar Association Professionalism Seminar - October 2015.
- "#MeToo Movement" - Ocean County Bar Association Seminar - March 2017.
- “Employers Strike Back” - New Jersey Defense Association, Winter Edition 2014.
- “Think You Hired an Independent Contractor or Are You an Independent Contractor? Think Again!” - Community Trends Magazine (CAI Publication), January 2016.
California Passes AB5 , Negatively Affecting How Staffing Firms do Business By Christopher M. Leddy, Esq. - October 2019 - Read more
New Jersey Courts at Odds Over Medical Marijuana – New Jersey Staffing Alliance, June 2019
New Jersey Supreme Court Weighs in on the Validity of Leases in the Motor Carrier Industry and who an owner is under truth in lending regulations By Christopher M. Leddy, Esq. April 2019 Read more
New Jersey Becomes the latest State to place restrictions on Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Provisions in Employment matters By Christopher M. Leddy, Esq. - March 2019 - Read more
Four Legal Trends Staffing Firms Should Prepare for in 2019 By Timothy J. Szuhaj, Esq. and Christopher M. Leddy, Esq. - January 2019 - Read more
Predictive Scheduling and Ordinances Gaining Momentum – January 2019
Eastern District of Pennsylvania Federal Judge Rules Transportation Company May Be Sued Over Harassment – January 2019
Is Your Company Ready To Disclose its Employer-Sponsored Health Offerings? - December 2018 - Read more
“The Hazy Landscape of Marijuana Laws" - TempNet October 2018 Newsletter.
“Are You Prepared for the Trending Paid Sick Leave Laws” – September 2018
New York Releases Draft Sexual Harassment Policy – September 2018
“Think You Hired an Independent Contractor or Are You an Independent Contractor?" Think Again!” - Community Trends Magazine (CAI Publication), January 2016
Employers Strike Back” - New Jersey Defense Association, Winter Edition 2014.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association (Employment Law Committee and Young Lawyer’s Committee)
- Ocean County Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2017
- Member of Society for Human Resource Management
- Former member of the Sidney Reitman Employment Law Inn of Court
- Former member of Kiwanis International and the New Jersey Defense Association
- Founding Member and Board Member of Ocean Academy Charter School